Saturday 15 December 2012

Peace

Peace.  So simple and yet so complicated all at the same time.  I don’t have many words to make sense of yesterday's events in Connecticut.  All I know is that since becoming a mother these inexplicable tragedies hit me a whole other way.   It seems my mind can take me to being in that scenario oh so quickly and rush back just as fast…
 
I was thinking of peace and the first polymer connection that came into my head was this
 

This is a beautiful crane fashioned from polymer by Judy Dunn.  She generously shared her conversion of the ancient origami method to the polymer arena – in video! -  here (since I can’t seem to get it to open here). wait it may actually appear, oh technology!

Judy was also using her skills to shed light on the losses of the war in Iraq, although I haven’t heard news of this in some time, it seems the blog is now by invitation only, so I don’t have current information to share.  Back in 2008, she shared a letter detailing her project to Yoko Ono in beautiful words and pictures.

Peaceful thoughts for all.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and intriguing blend of old and new, Emma! Origami was the "cool" craft of my childhood. Wonder how Judy's 2008 peace project has fared over the years?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation