Friday 10 August 2012

Finally Friday–count me back in!

It’s been a while since I joined in with Shannon’s Finally Friday challenge.  All the palettes from Design Seeds seem to be so inspiring – so as I’ve said before, I love that Shannon picks ONE to work from otherwise I’d be lost on that site for hours and hours!  Self-confessed blue girl that I am, there was no way I’d let this week’s selection get away

Here it is: door tones


I would love to walk through that door, but I’ll have to settle for it just entertaining my muse.  I had already created this “shutter” focal for a previous challenge and other coordinating beads.  They had sat in the same dish for these last months waiting to become something.  I thought of them as soon as I saw this palette.

Here is my interpretation

door with shutters

When I made those little cylinder beads with two holes I wasn’t quite sure how I would use them.  I work like this all the time creating different shapes and hole positions with no clue if it could be wearable.  Most of these experiments are just a product of squishing polymer and saying what if? I think this time though this works for me.  I don’t know what on earth to call them, they feel a little like ladder rungs in this necklace.  Rounding out the handmade by me polymer in this piece are the small rondelles then I’ve added Chalcedony, ebony wood, and a whole bunch of seeds.  It ended up quite long, but light as a feather. 

073

Please pardon the lint and gas meter – it was starting to rain so I was taking cover and hurrying.  I just thought it looked a lot better on.  Someday I’ll get the swing of taking nice pictures of necklaces, sigh.

6 comments:

  1. wow beautiful colours and the focal is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have found the best way to show how wonderful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The design is fabulous, and the focal is just amazing! I've missed the last few Finally Friday challenges but hope to be back at them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is a REALLY cool necklace! I absolutely love the design, it ROCKS!!! Great job!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness!! That is one of the most amazing necklaces I have seen! LOVE the beads!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation