Saturday 12 January 2013

Focusing on life – week 2–one little word


If you are looking for the Memories and Thanks post it is here
 
Welcome to week 2 of Sally Russick’s focusing on life series, all the details are on her blog the Studio Sublime.  This week’s focus is the one word for 2013.  I was excited to receive this prompt and to capture the word I had already chosen: MANIFEST.  I’m defining that as the verb: to make stuff happen - to be the action that fills the gap from idea to fruition.
 
manifest
 
Here is one of my older pasta machines.  Actually it was my very first.  It still runs nicely although it has some pitting in the barrels.  It is standing in at the moment since my regular machine is a bit out of whack and needs some tweaking.  Taking apart, cleaning and in particular reassembling a pasta machine makes you want to be an octopus for just a few minutes.  I’ve been avoiding the task but it needs to get done.  I’ve lined up some new (but look at the rust!) stamps that are for a project I’m going to try to complete tonight (Friday) we shall see.  In the background is a large format journal.  It’s divided with plain, grid and lined sheet section of heavy weight paper and I have plans to use it thoroughly this year.   I think I may create a plate for the front, in polymer, perhaps MANIFEST-O.
 
I’ll leave you with this little article sounds like good advice to help achieve some goals, or as they put it, “manifest anything”!

22 comments:

  1. I already knew this was your word from a previous post. Love the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great photo to reveal a great word!!
    may you manifest all you desire in 2013...
    I'm no. 21 on the list btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Great integration of your word and your image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo and such a great word. There is a bit of a theme running though, I think, to take action in our lives and achieve our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great word for the year. I love your beautiful photo!!!!! I'm off to check out the link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful word - with a gorgeous picture to accompany it! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your word and the accompanying photo. You're of to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome photo - and such a great word for the year, too!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - I followed your link. I have tried to keep a journal for years - I just cannot do it! I also cannot meditate, at least not in the true sense of the word. (I can relax though...sometimes!) I do love the word MANIFEST and your picture, too! It seems we are all striving for "change" and "making IT happen" this year - I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative way to interpret your word! And it's a great word, too. Without manifestation, we never make any headway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so want to steal your word. I need to manifest many things around my house. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your word and how you took the photo! Wonderful word!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great word and wonderful photo!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  14. An interesting pic. I like your word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, great word and creative photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was also on my short list of words. To dream it, and make it happen, make it come to be! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emma! I CAN NOT stop staring at your photo!! What an AWESOME photo!! WOW!! And what a perfect word for 2013!


    Can I ask you where you found a journal with the three types of paper in it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your picture is spectacular! I love your word and the defination! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shot! Manifest is such a powerful and strong word. I know that you are going to make great things happen this year. I wish you joy in the journey this year! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great word - and fantastic picture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great word! So much power. I love your photograph too:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation