Friday 15 March 2013

focus on life–week 11- the possibilities are endless


“This week pay attention to your surroundings and your daily activities and show us what holds endless possibilities for you.”
 
focusonlife possibilities

Sally’s words above for this week in this wonderful series called focus on life.  Can you hear my picture? tap-tap-tap!

A couple of months ago, while dancing around the living room with Averleigh, I mentioned she would be a great tap dancer and that we should look for tap shoes for her.  Toddler fashion, she didn’t really answer me, just kept on dancing.  A few days later I’m trying to get her out the door, telling her we are going shopping.  She stops.  Looks me in the eye and full of hope asks “to buy me tap shoes?” I confess: “no, but we will keep our eyes out for some”.  Time goes by and it becomes clear, they don’t make them as small as her size, not around here at least  (and not under $60). 

Now Averleigh hasn’t hit that stage yet where she begs or expects things every time you enter a store.  In fact I found this great colouring book for her once and she wouldn’t let me buy it.  So when she brought up tap shoes again and again I really was trying to find some, these were not “bratty” pleas.  I checked the local classifieds –again – last Friday and wouldn’t you know there was a pair one size too big, but close enough! So the next morning off hubby went to get them for a mere $15.

Sheer joy! She has no idea how to tap dance but she doesn’t know that.  I kinda love that.  I checked for lessons but it seems you have to be four (!) to get to tap class.  If you are not quite 3 you miss out on every other dance class that’s not for real young ones for this season.  So back to gymnastics for the spring and maybe the fall will bring jazz or hip-hop or …

Yes, I think the possibilities for what she would like to explore with her time are truly endless.  Which will be a whole lot of fun if I can remember to show her a path or two but let her lead the way.

Now off to be inspired by all the possibilities being shared at the studio sublime.

27 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great photograph which you will prize when Averleigh wins So You Think You can Dance...because she doesn't think she can, she KNOWS she can!
    Love it-truly canvas-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture. I love how her foot is a blur. I'm so glad you found shoes for her. I know she will have a ball with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, this is such a wonderful picture! There is something about young (and very little) people's feet that surely brings a smile - and I am sure Averleigh dancing around the house in her new shoes is such a beautiful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tap is my favorite dance to watch - just ask my sister! Unless, of course, it's Tatum Channing, mind you!! My sis teaches tap dance,..here in AZ! This is one dance that has totally endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way cool pic by the way - forgot to mention that - it's great!!

      Delete
  5. Yup, still me favorite kid this one :)
    Love the photo...even the photo conveys so much...all the places she will go, the fashion choices, not just the dance possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome picture and an awesome post! I can just see you and Averleigh (still my new favorite little girl's name!) dancing up a storm in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma,
    Love the photo of Averleigh's new tap shoes. I can just hear those little feet clip claping around the house in her own tap style. Oh yes the possiblilties are endless.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful photo to accompany a wonderful post! she could be the next west end/broadway star - and she'll always remember who bought her first tap shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely take on this prompt. I'm sure she will have great fun in her new shoes - and teach herself to tap, if not dance! cute picture of the endless possibilities of her feet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At such a young age with her whole life before her, the possibilities are endless. I hope she enjoys her new tap shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! That is a wonderful photo that will surely become a family heirloom just like I suspect those tiny tap shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black and white with just a touch of hot pink! If she can figure out that she loves to dance at this young age, the possibilities are endless in the future. Glad you found them for a bargain price!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet photo and a wonderful story! When I was growing up girls were expected to be teachers, homemakers, nurses or secretaries. I've always told my children they can be anything they want to be. There's just so many possiblities to be explored, including tap dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A budding tap dance! What a sweet picture and great story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely! Glad you found those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the picture. It's really nice. The sort of thing you see now a days that really make a statement. Be careful though, she might tap her way into giving you a headache!~

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great photo and keepsake to have! It's so much fun having a little dancer in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to you and your hubby, we could be watching Averleigh on Dancing with the Stars one day! Loved your post. Also loved your comment for me to look at piles as works in progress. Will definitely remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh look at those little feet dancing away! what a sweet post!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with Paula, we might see her on Dancing with the Stars one day.....and how proud all of us will be!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable pic. Way cool that Averleigh got tap shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our children will always be a source of endless possibilites, and keep life so worth the journey. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how very cute. I remember my tap and ballet classes when I was a child. Let's just say they didn't take and leave it at that. Those possibilities were dead on arrival....

    That photo is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love it! And what a cool picture. You will have to keep us posted on her progress. I think dance lessons start pretty early don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pic of her new tap shoes! You will have to make sure to keep it for when she becomes a famous dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a sweet story! And she certainly does look like she knows how to tap dance in your photo.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation