Friday 2 November 2012

Michaels Toast of the Town Necklace hop


And a Finally Friday necklace, make that two - or really four since they’re both reversible.  Since the Toast of the Town necklace can also be worn a bazillion ways I’ve totally lost count.  Lets go straight to the pictures.



Now I did my level best to follow the directions so thoughtfully written by Erin Prais-Hintz, but I did adapt on the fly a bit.  I talked about my shopping trip and how my palette changed, but I ultimately steered back to more blues.  I started with the pale green shell beads and the few oval pyrite.  Then I grabbed the teal ring and the Crystazzi glass pearls I had already (both also from Michaels).  Next up I made two styles of polymer beads and the toggle bar (the bar is actually a bead gallery pendant hanger I transformed).  Once I had all that I was still needing something in the 4mm range to spread all over.  I was craving a little more texture, so in went the blue apatite chip beads and I love them here, I should have used more.
A Toast to 70

I can’t wait to see all the variety born of this design, this is a blog hop after all.  Please be sure to visit Erin’s blog to check out her next incarnation of this design and link on to all the other participants.  Many thanks to Erin for the design, and inspirational push to try it out myself.

…But before you run off, I did promise you two other necklaces.  The focal pendants for these I created a few years ago and once I saw the Design Seeds palette I thought of them right away.



The beads featured along with the pendants are all created from the same polymer canes, I think this particular cane design I learnt from a Donna Kato book.  These longer squiggle beads and large hole beads are both available in my etsy shop.

reversible crashing blues

Here is the second design.  I’m pretty sure that the clasp below is a Vintaj one I think I will need more of, since I really like how this design came together – if I do say so myself!

Many thanks to Shannon also.  Her regular choosing of palettes helps me not get lost in the sea of gorgeousness that is Design Seeds.

reversible layered waves

15 comments:

  1. I love your polymer toggle clasp and beads that you added to the Michaels Hop necklace! That is a beautiful color combination that makes me want to hop a plane to the Caribbean! And, I LOVE the "dusty blue" colors in your Design Seeds necklace! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! Love, love, love those colors and your clasp is totally amazing! I am ready to head to the ocean now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, the apatite blue is beautiful. Love the glass toggle and your polymer beads are truly outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color palettes. The soft greens and light blues in the top necklace are just perfect. Your polymer bead are stunning! I love the styles of the bottom necklaces as well and your focals are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those gluey-greens - and your poly beads are awesome! Great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mis-typed "gluey"...I meant "BLUEY" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relaxing and cool comfortable colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beads!! The soothing tones of your necklace are awesome! Your design seeds pieces is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma, I just wanted to say I have started following your blog! I look forward to reading more and I always love to meet fellow Canadians! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I love those little beads you created and that toggle bar is ingenious! I am so glad that you played along and really made this your own as that was the whole point! It is so refreshing to see how others translate the design you created. Beautiful soothing blues! Thanks for playing! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along I just love what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nummy on all of the necklaces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love blue!!! It's my favorite color to work with. Both of your neclkaces are gogeous, and I love that the styles are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just beautiful! The colors and texture are wonderful together.
    Many blessings,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great. Your clasp is amazing and you've got some really nice texture in this piece. I finally got mine done and the blog post up if you'd like to check it out.

    http://kayzkreationz.blogspot.com/2012/11/toast-of-town-michaels-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation