Saturday 26 July 2014

the creative continuum of 7 artist reveal 6–and 7

Hello friends.  My apologies for the interruption in regular programming here.  What started out as a day delay somehow snowballed into a month.  I held off visiting the lovely blogs of our group until I had posted as a way to push myself but that’s just left me feeling more guilty for not stopping by yet.

Here’s the team:
Monique of A Half-Baked Notion
Christine of One Kiss Creations
Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers
Sally of The Studio Sublime
Therese of Therese's Treasures
Alicia of All The Pretty Things
and me makes 7

Today, you will find posts with the final reveal using the packages I sent out.  I didn’t take any photos before sending the pages on the way, but they look a little something like these.

cc7a july focals

With no particular theme in mind these pieces kept evolving the longer they hung around my studio.  Layers of clay, inks, metal paint, patina, resin, it just kept going.  I sent along some other purples and pinks from my stash and I can’t wait to see what they’ve grown up to be in the hands of these artists.

I have to backtrack a bit now to my reveal for the 6th round with the wonderful June wedding theme and goodies from Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers

Meaning: It is said that something old represents continuity, something new offers optimism for the future, something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness, something blue stands for purity, love and fidelity and a sixpence in your show is a wish for good fortune and prosperity



I’m borrowing someone’s photo here, not sure, but it may be Monique’s – I wanted to show off that beautiful green veining from the Jasper as it really started my inspiration.

cc7a cuff

I had already made these little polymer saucer shapes in a variety of shades and when I found the green to be such a great match to the veining of the Jasper the design just grew from there. 

closure cc7a

I started with a metallic silver leather cuff that just cried for me to weave some of the silk through it.  I am not really sure what pattern I achieved, I was going for some chevrons at the start but it ended up pretty freeform.  A little waxed linen and some apatite chips helped pull it all together.

Then I moved on to a necklace wanting to use more of the great components Cynthia had sent.

cc7a necklace

This time I opted for a neutral grey waxed linen to bring these beads together.  Finally getting to use some beautiful lampwork from Blue Seraphim that I’ve had at least five years and some green quartz that’s been around even longer.

necklace

I really enjoyed how both piece came together and ended up so far from what you would think of as wedding jewelry.

both

I really enjoyed the chance to participate in the CC7A.  I certainly was honoured to be asked by Alicia of All The Pretty Things to take part, and what a privilege to share with all these artists.

Monique of A Half-Baked Notion
Christine of One Kiss Creations
Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers
Sally of The Studio Sublime
Therese of Therese's Treasures
Alicia of All The Pretty Things
and me makes 7

6 comments:

  1. oh wow! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you did with the stash! Those saucers of yours are just fantastic, and I love how you picked up the veining in the stones! and then follow that again with the green quartz! Fantastic! Who cares if it isn't wedding jewelry :) I think we all went boho, and that's just perfect with me! beautiful pieces Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bohemian pieces Emma, I love them and they would have gone perfect with what I wore on my wedding day.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with the necklace! And you know, it is something the hip younger aunt would wear to a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you chose to pair with your designs, Emma :) Great funky vibe and the components are perfectly balanced :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bracelet is very intriguing! Love what you did with Cynthia's stash - everything is going so well together with everything else, beautiful.
    It was a pleasure having you on the team ~ and lots of fun to work with your pendant this month :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation