Saturday 11 January 2014

focus on life–week 2–a silhouette

Continuing with this months theme of minimalism, this week’s prompt from Sally:

“A silhouette: a photograph with a subject(s) captured in a shadowy outline with little or no detail against a bright background.”

I love looking around for the cats when I get home times, and realizing that they are actually hidden in the window behind the curtain, a favourite silhouette.  I knew I wanted to get such a photo.

I grabbed the camera when the light was right and convinced first kitty to come over.  He was not very interested in being the model, more wanting to go back to sleep.  Next day he puked on the laptop – I did not take a photo.  I understand this was payback.  Later I was trying to cut #2’s claws and the damn thing shot up and hit me in the eye.  That little piece of claw splintered in my eye and as I blinked little slivers were scratching me.  I ran for the tap and still had to turn it inside out to get them.  I decided this was a pre-emptive strike.  That leaves the kitten aka “Roman Blind Killa” so I didn't really want to invite him to a windowsill.

20 minutes ago this happened
 focus on life 2014 - 2

Score one for the supposedly short hair kitten.

13 comments:

  1. Mine posed without asking... got she got pay back this am playing with a chirpy mouse under the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting photo, the angle and the contrast between the cat and the straight lines are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have cats, but if we did and all that happened they would be gone in a heartbeat. Husband has a dislike for cats. Nevertheless, your photo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggle your cats are so naughty I laughed out loud. My son couldn't understand why a cat throwing up was funny. I'm glad you persisted though, great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. I love reading your description of how you tried to get your cats to pose. Glad your eyes is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand we are supposed to suffer for our art, Emma... but REALLY? Hope the next prompt is MUCH less painful, dear. No permanent damage, I hope :(

    Trying to imagine coming through the door and LOOKING FOR the cats ;) My two are running down the stairs to the landing by the time the door is shut. Kramer stretches up to my knees and begs to be picked up (he is a shoulder afficionado). I think he is part dog; he doesn't bark, but definitely growls if his favorite toy is threatened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a great silhouette shot and well worth the hassle you went through to get it! Your story certainly raised a smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have three of them...sometimes they're a**holes! haaaaaaaaaaaa Wait for the unexpected opportunities, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not found cats to be the most co-operative subjects either. You have to catch them unaware. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG what an ordeal this week! Hope the eye is doing ok - sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you did not let the kitty disinterest, kitty vomit or kitty claw shrapnel stop you from getting that kitty silhouette! You are a force to be reckoned with! ;-) I sincerely hope your eye is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a great silhouette but I'm so sorry you had to endure pain and vomit in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the contrast of the sharp angles and the kitty fur. It's an awesome shot and worth the pain :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation